Click on the Play Button below to Listen to Today’s Scripture
New Testament: Ephesians 5:1-33
Summary: Walk in Love, Wives and Husbands
A call to slumbering souls – The character of those addressed.
1. If you allow yourself in the practice of known wickedness, your conscience is asleep.
2. If you live in the customary neglect of self-examination, you are in a state of slumber.
3. If you have never been in any degree affected with a sense of your guilt, and of your dependence on the mercy of God in Christ, you are among those who are asleep.
4. If you have no conflicts with sin and temptation, you are in a state of slumber.
5. The prevalence of a sensual and carnal disposition is a sign of spiritual death.
6. Stupidity under the warnings of God’s word and providence, indicates such a state of soul as the Scripture compares to sleep.